Thursday, January 14, 2016

Creative Control (Panasonic DMC-ZS30)

Recently Joan and I were remarking on some photos on the web, and I mentioned the "Creative Control" settings on my point-and-shoot, a Panasonic DMC-ZS30. I hardly ever use them, and I thought it might be fun to produce examples of each of them for myself and for you. These effects are generated by the camera itself, with absolutely no post-processing on a computer (except to shrink them for display on the Internet).

I offer these samples without much explanation because I haven't used any of them, except "Expressive" once or twice (by accident). Click on any image for a larger version.

Normal: (not any of the creative or other "smart" modes)
Expressive: 
Retro: 
High Key: 
Low Key: 
Sepia: 
Dynamic Monochrome: 
Impressive Art: 
High Dynamic: 
Cross Process (green option): 
Cross Process (blue option): 
Toy Effect (banded gradient): 
Toy Effect (smooth gradient): 
Miniature Effect: 
Soft Focus: 
 Star Filter:
 One Point Color:

And there you have it! Of course the camera is capable of much more, including high dynamic range, panoramas, shooting through glass, and such. "Creative Control" is just one spot on the dial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may not appear immediately as they are moderated by the author to eliminate spam.